2:20pm: I plugged my iPod Shuffle in my ears and left my house singing along to Lovin' Spoonful's 'Summer in the City'.
Since I live at the very top of a hill the walk starts out easy. I noticed a bit of a skip added to my walk when the Spoons' Daydream came on next.
A few songs later I find myself listening to Stranger Basis by Ghost in a Jar which I had to listen to twice it was so good. (Thanks Neil!)
2:36 pm: I've looped around one neighborhood and am now walking by my favorite trees. They are fairly drab most of the year, but every spring they bloom in the most beautifully pink blossoms.
Oh yeah, I'm a brunette now, I was going to wait to post pictures so people could see me in person first. Oh well.

Not far down the road I turn onto a side street (this is usually my favorite part) just as I round the corner the trees clear and I have a beautiful view directly east toward the mountains. Sadly my cell phone camera does not have the capacity to really show the view that I enjoy so much.
I look at the mountains as I enjoyed a little Weezer and Jimmy Eat World.

2:46pm: My path winds back around to the main road where I always see the same half-hidden truck parked up on a hill behind trees and think 'that looks odd'. To my knowledge it's not moved for years.
For the last leg of my walk I must climb back up the big hill, but I don't mind as I get to pass by my row of favorite trees again.

Before rounding the last corning onto my street a little Dave Clark Five comes on and I see my house in view.
On my way in I check the mail to find I have my pre-paid shipment info to send in my xbox and have it repaired. Yes!!
I look at the mountains as I enjoyed a little Weezer and Jimmy Eat World.
2:46pm: My path winds back around to the main road where I always see the same half-hidden truck parked up on a hill behind trees and think 'that looks odd'. To my knowledge it's not moved for years.
For the last leg of my walk I must climb back up the big hill, but I don't mind as I get to pass by my row of favorite trees again.

Before rounding the last corning onto my street a little Dave Clark Five comes on and I see my house in view.
On my way in I check the mail to find I have my pre-paid shipment info to send in my xbox and have it repaired. Yes!!
3:00pm: I'm walking in the door to see Puppy happily barking at my feet and my mother saying something (which I cannot hear as I'm still listening to DC5).
It was a nice walk today, thanks for coming along with me. My mind is now a bit clearer and I will tackle that homework once again.
post inspired by Stepper the Mighty
I love Spoon.
ReplyDeleteI love your hair.
I loved this post. Made me homesick for Seattle and - weirdly - the plateau, even though I never lived there. My man did - and his family - and so I think I get to claim a bit of home for myself there, too.
Also: thanks for the shout-out!
Windy! Where'd your blond hair go? I love the new look, too! How do you always manage to look awesome?
ReplyDeleteHa ha, thanks Nadia. I'm really enjoying the brown right now.
ReplyDelete