This post comes with a soundtrack.
You'll need to press play before continuing.
You'll need to press play before continuing.
After arriving at the airfield David did a thorough inspection of the plane.
Wings? Check.
Tail? Check.
Lights? Check, check.
Wings? Check.
Tail? Check.
Lights? Check, check.

The sun had just set as we took to the air. It made for a beautiful scene before us. The haze added just a hint of a magical touch to the evening. Our flight reminded me of how much I love the Seattle area. Below is a picture of the Puget Sound.
This is David, the pilot. He looks all official with his headset on.
I even got to fly the plane for a bit while David took a picture of me as proof. I guess it was more like I steered the plane. It doesn't take much movement at all to get the plane to change directions.
As night set in my pictures became increasingly out of focus due to the lack of light. However I am glad I got in one decent picture of the Space Needle before it got too dark.

After flying over Seattle we took a detour to Sammamish to fly directly over my house. And if all of this wasn't fun already David did a few stunts in the plane on our way back. There were a couple tight turns, at one point I felt as though the plane was completely on its side and I was staring straight at the ground out my side window. When this happens there is a feeling of increased gravity, if that makes sense. I tried to lift my arms up, but they felt so heavy! Then the very best part of the flight, Zero G. David took the plane up in the air and then turned the nose of the plane downward. This makes your body go up and then quickly back down, for just a few moments you loose the feeling of gravity all together. This does a number on your stomach... but SO worth it. I made David do it a couple more times just because it was so much fun. Roller coasters just won't be as much fun after this experience.
Thanks for the sweet ride David!
Glad it worked out, and you're welcome! That's a sweet picture of Puget Sound by the way. I may have to "borrow" it if you don't mind.
ReplyDeleteNice. I probably would have gone with Pink Floyd's "Learning to Fly" or "Flying" by the Beatles (although that one's a bit short) for a soundtrack, but Foo Fighters works too.
ReplyDeleteOMG, you are BRAVE!
ReplyDelete