Sunday, April 26, 2009

A New Call

The following post was actually written one week ago on April 19th. However the information was not officially announced until today, so I have waited to post the news.
_______________________

As many of you know I've been serving as the YSA Representative for my ward at church. This basically means I'm on a committee that plans and coordinates activities, dances, firesides, etc. for all of the Young Single Adults (YSA) who live on the Eastside.

Between you and me, I've always thought this a silly calling for me as I do not like to attend huge events such as these, I much prefer a small group setting--that just fits my personality best. However, I do not question a calling from the Lord. If I am asked to serve as one who plans events for a couple hundred people then I will do it. And honestly, I've not minded one bit.

This is what I've been doing since January of 2008. Today this changed.

Just slightly.

We have a Committee Chair person who heads all of this up, she's been doing this for about 3 years now (and does it quite well). Today she was released and I was called to take her place as Chair. However I will not be doing this alone. There are actually 2 Chairs, well Co-Chairs, for this committee. I am one. The other (just called today as well) is my good friend Brad.

Brad. I find this just slightly ironic.

Last year when Brad first moved to the area he was immediately given a calling to serve with me as YSA Representatives. You see, there are 2 from each ward. This is where I first met Brad. And now, 1 year later, we are back at it again.

I told Brad either the Lord thought we work well together, or else we still have something to learn from each other. Or both. Either way I count myself fortunate, Brad is a great guy to work with.

This will be an interesting change in responsibilities. I look forward to seeing what this new calling has in store for me. I say 'me' but it isn't going to be about me. It's about the several hundred other YSA's in the area. It's about them. Ok, it's about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment