Friday, April 3, 2009

Still Small Voice

My life rarely pans out as planned. Like tonight. I was on my way home when I received a phone call from a dear friend, we both changed our plans for the evening at the last minute and ended up getting together.

During the course of our conversation the topic of 'life' came up. Where are we going? Where will I be in 1 year? I'm sure all single adults know this conversation well. I'm in Grad School right now feeling a complete lack of motivation--but I know I am here because I felt impressed the Lord would have me continue my education. This gets a bit frustrating at times. I want it, yet I don't want it. I do not see a future in it that I would choose for myself. Yet I have faith the Lord can see things from His view that I cannot.

Then it happened. A still, small voice in my mind reminding me of why I need this degree. The details are not necessary to share with the world wide web as they are personal to me. However it is moments like this one that remind me that the Lord understands. He knows our needs and hears our hearts. And if we are listening we will know too.

"And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice". 1 Kings 19: 11 - 12

4 comments:

  1. How are you so awesome Windy? I freaking love you. And wish I could be there for your pie extravaganza or whatever you're doing with all them. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Thanks Jamo. Although I think the pie bit is mostly Carly's doing. You'll be missed. Perhaps we'll have to see how we can send a couple pieces out to you and Becky. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha interesting. I'll be home the week after they all go back. Talk about timing huh? We'll still have to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Windy- Thanks for sharing this. I think it's important for all of us to remember. And you expressed the thought in such a beautiful, eloquent manner.

    ReplyDelete