Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Birthday 成龍!

Today is another significant birthday, so I can't help but mention it. Jackie Chan is now 55 years old, and I must say he looks good for his age.

I've been a big Chan Fan for many years. Almost half of my DVD collection is devoted to Jackie Chan flicks.

Here's an interesting fact: Jackie's birth name is Chan Kong Sang. His mother carried him 12 months in the womb. Finally they had to go in for a c-section to get him out, but Chan's parents were too poor to pay for it. The plan was to sell their child to the nurse for payment. However when Chan came he was 12 lbs and 12 oz, along with being carried for 12 months his father decided this child must be special. He then borrowed money from his friends so he could keep his child. As we can see, Jackie Chan turned out to be something rather special indeed.
(sourse: Chan's autobiography that I read years ago called I am Jackie Chan: My Life in Action)

Lastly, here is one of my favorite fight sequences for your viewing pleasure. This is taken from the movie First Strike. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment