Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Edamame

Last night I made a late night run to the grocery store to pick up some olives for my mother who was making a salad. On a whim I grabbed a bag of edamame while there.

γˆγ γΎγ‚ (edamame) is a green vegetable more commonly known as a soybean, harvested at the peak of ripening right before it reaches the "hardening" time. The word Edamame means "Beans on Branches," and it grows in clusters on bushy branches.

Edamame is a major source of protein. It also tastes surprisingly good for something so healthy. I boiled up a handful today during my dinner break and could not stop munching on them.

Ok-- I feel like an advertisement at this point, but I really did enjoy them. And I'm looking forward to eating the rest of them later this week. Anyone else want to join me for some edamame?

sourse

1 comment: