Music is the one true love of my life. I particularly love music performed live. I enjoy the energy in the room, watching the performers facial expressions as they get into the performance.
Sadly I don't attend as many concerts as I would like (I blame this on Grad school taking up most of my time and most of my money).
Tonight I attended a performance called Ravel, Rachmaninov and Romance at Benaroya Hall performed by the Seattle Symphony. Each piece performed was done expertly. I was surprised to find my favorite piece was Ravel's La Valse as it really had the most flavor to it. I only say surprised because I was unfamiliar with Ravel's work before tonight. I expected to enjoy Rachmaninov's the best. The pianist, Nikolai Lugansky, was fabulous on the Piano Concerto No. 1. He was just fun to watch. At times he would hit the keys so hard his whole body would jump in his seat. The last piece performed brought in the Chorale to sing along with Faure's Requiem.
Overall it was a great concert that made me want to play more music. The night was also made even more fun by the company. My friend David, who actually likes classical music as well, came with me. It's always nice to have some there that enjoys the music the same as I do.
yes, fine, but was it as good as ARLO GUTHRIE?!?!??!
ReplyDeleteOk you've got me there. Arlo is a MUCH better entertainer. Man that was fun!
ReplyDelete