I bring this up because (1) it's just a fabulous story, and (2) tonight I had the chance to see Brian again. Business brought him to Seattle for a few days. We met to have dinner at PF Changs and catch up on all that has happened in our lives. Brian is always interesting to talk with and makes me laugh. A fabulous combination for a good friend. It was great to see you again Brian! I'm looking forward to Cruise Reunion #4 this summer. :)
I hear the drizzle of the rain, like a memory it falls soft and warm continuing tapping on my roof and walls. And from the shelter of my mind, through the window of my eyes, I gaze beyond the rain-drenched streets to a land where my heart lies. Paul Simon
Thursday, February 12, 2009
In which Windy sees her friend Brian again
Round about 3 years ago I took a cruise to Mexico for a vacation with Andrea (aka coolest girl in America). Who would have known chance would place us at the same dinner table as 3 others I would quickly come to think of as great friends.
I bring this up because (1) it's just a fabulous story, and (2) tonight I had the chance to see Brian again. Business brought him to Seattle for a few days. We met to have dinner at PF Changs and catch up on all that has happened in our lives. Brian is always interesting to talk with and makes me laugh. A fabulous combination for a good friend. It was great to see you again Brian! I'm looking forward to Cruise Reunion #4 this summer. :)
I bring this up because (1) it's just a fabulous story, and (2) tonight I had the chance to see Brian again. Business brought him to Seattle for a few days. We met to have dinner at PF Changs and catch up on all that has happened in our lives. Brian is always interesting to talk with and makes me laugh. A fabulous combination for a good friend. It was great to see you again Brian! I'm looking forward to Cruise Reunion #4 this summer. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The title of this reminds me of "Sorcery and Cecelia or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot: Being the Correspondence of Two Young Ladies of Quality Regarding Various Magical Scandals in London and the Country" by Patricia Wrede...have you read it?
ReplyDeleteEvery chapter begins..."in which dah dah dah" or maybe it was the following book in the trilogy? Either way, they are wonderful and I think you'd like them. Add them to the list of the other hundreds of books you'd like to read whenever you have time outside of grad school. :P
....in which sasha leaves a long rambling comment and can't contain her typing... "These fingers are out of control" she cries!
I've not read that particular book, but you are really close. I got the idea of the title from the Enchanted Forest Chronicles by the same author. She does the same thing and begins each chapter title with "In Which..." I love her books! I've had the one you mentioned on my 'to read' list for a while now. I'll eventually get around to it.
ReplyDeleteThat is an awesome picture Windy! I'm glad you sent me your blog. I always wonder about my first mission companion. You are the best. Let's keep in touch. I will send you an invite to view my blog.
ReplyDeleteMarianne Hamilton Shaw