Wait--what exactly do I do?
The most common misunderstanding about me, being a Mathematician, is that I can calculate really big numbers and do complicated arithmetic in my head. Ok I am capable of doing some of that, but it really isn't a strong point nor does it have anything to do with what I do.
My mother and I have an ongoing joke that "I don't use numbers anymore, I use letters." To show you what I mean I've posted my last homework assignment that I turned in earlier today. (It can't be considered cheating as all the homework is already turned in, and I don't actually know anyone in my class anyway).
Then there is the little bit of an artist in me that looks at it and says, "it's pretty".

Ow, my head hurts just looking at that.
ReplyDeletei see a 2!! oh wait that's a greek delta.
ReplyDeleteI just threw up a little in my throat.
ReplyDelete...because I understood a little bit of that. X(
SO SMART!!
ReplyDeleteWow. That is pretty. But it's also extremely intimidating.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogosphere!
--Stepper
it IS pretty! also you are right, you can't count - you are only one mathmetician.
ReplyDeleteAll I understood was the words. Wait I didn't understand them I just was able to read them.
ReplyDeleteHa ha! Whoops, thanks for catching that Mel. English never really was my thing...
ReplyDeleteOh my, ouch, ouch . . . headache!
ReplyDeleteO man, I think you are a wonderful person, but the fact that you know so much math really scares me, and that equation, or googleplex of equations was crazy
ReplyDeleteYou have lovely handwriting and everything is so linear. :)
ReplyDeletei love how mathy you are. IT'S COOL.
ReplyDelete