Tuesday, September 1, 2009

In Which Windy Shows Her Nationality OR The Bacon Guacamole Cheeseburger

It all started with a facebook post from Zerr who seemed to be very dissatisfied with Wendy's new junior bacon cheeseburger... I couldn't help but point out that Windy's is much better.

Long story short, I realized I've never actually made a hamburger before. Ever. Certainly I've assembled one on my own, but not actually made one.

According to Zerr this is "un-American" of me.

I disagree completely. I rather think it has something to do with the fact that I don't like to eat hamburgers. They are ok, but I'm just not that into them. Regardless of my disagreement I had to make sure Zerr knew I am a true blooded American and can cook a decent hamburger if I wished... so I did.

I'm not the type to do something half way, if I was going to make a burger then I'd make it all. Including the buns. From scratch. That's right. I did everything except kill the fatted calf myself.

It also helped that I had the day off with not a whole lot planned. I began by finding a good bun recipe on one of my favorite food blogs (everything I've ever made from this blog has been fabulous!).

My buns turned out quite a bit bigger than hers did, they just kept rising like crazy, I even cut the time shorter since they were growing out of control. In the end it didn't matter as they turned out very tasty, if I do say so myself.


I like burgers with a little extra goodness on them. This time the goodness was bacon and guacamole. Yum! Bacon makes everything taste better.


The final produce was de-li-cious! I do believe Carly would agree as you can see her enjoying said burger below.


Zerr and I have a tradition of eating pies together. I don't recall just how this started, but I plan to keep it up. We decided to make a dinner out of it. I made the burgers, Zerr made the Banana Chocolate Cream Pie (divine!), Carly make yummy fresh french fries from scratch, and David a fantastic fresh fruit salad.

All in all a great dinner which was made even better by the fun company. We played a few games afterward and got a little slap happy as the time grew later. This is easily demonstrated in the following picture, and I still have no idea what exactly is happening in it. Although I have a good excuse as I was personally upside-down when I took it.


4 comments:

  1. In which Melanie enjoys the reference to The Enchanted Forest Chronicles - whether on purpose or not. I cannot personally say anything about the taste, but I can confirm that they smelled great! And who doesn't like hamburgers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will personally vouch for the burgers... and the yummy buns!! But I think Windy did have one thing wrong. Although bacon is high on my list of favorite foods, it's actually guacamole that makes everything better! Infact I think it's what makes the world go round!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were trying to stop getting so sleepy from all the blood rushing out of our heads and into our full stomachs! You came up with this hilarious solution Windy my dear hahaha it was AWESOME. Not to mention highly entertaining : )

    and I must side with sandie on the guacamole thing. And put in my plug for tomatoes. I do believe I'm in love with those.

    Shoot, this is all making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I do recall WHY I was upside-down, I just don't know what in the world David is doing with his arms! It looks pretty funny whatever it is...

    And I think it worked, we weren't as sleepy after we let the blood drain back to our heads.

    ReplyDelete