I was done being in bed at this point and got up. I felt gross. But our morning surprises were not over.
Within a couple minutes I turned around to see Andrea leaping out of bed grabbing the blankets with her to reveal the ugliest thing ever. A 5 inch long centipede scurrying over our mattress!! Andrea is no girly-girl and can handle bugs, but apparently not things with that many legs. I immediately dove into my luggage and pulled out one of my hiking shoes. Armed with shoe in hand I flicked the pest off our bed and onto the floor where I proceeded to introduce it to its doom. A good 5 or 6 hard whacks later and it finally stopped moving.
I'm sorry to say I did not think about getting a picture of it at the time. All I wanted was for it (and every other bug) to get as far away from me as possible. However I did find a similar looking picture online. My apologies for posting something so hideous on my blog, but really you need to see it to know how gross this was. This... was in our bed.

Later on we read in our guidebook about these centipede's where it labeled them as an "aggressive predator". It also said if bitten the victim will feel excruciating pain for several hours, possibly as painful as a gun shot wound.
Eww and eww again.
I can handle bugs, but I can't handle them in my bed with me.
PS. Erica located the missing cockroach later on when it dropped on her in the bathroom. Needless to say once it was discovered it was quickly removed from the premises.
ReplyDeleteEw! I'm sorry that's pretty gross. I'm glad the monster is dead. And I drove the road to Hana once! It was crazy and took forever and I learned you can't read on that road. Blah. But so beautiful.
ReplyDelete