Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Making Plans

This has been a week of making plans.

I'm making plans for this weekend as it's Cruise Reunion 2009. I'm really looking forward to a weekend with my friends Heather, Eric, and Brian. Since I only ever see them once (maybe twice) a year I have to make every minute count. We'll be doing dinners, picnics, playing games, seeing sights, and even Riding the Ducks. You can bet we will have a weekend of laughing, joking, and silly pictures.

Here we are on the actual cruise where we met in 2006 with several other fabulous friends we made.

Between those plans I've been on the phone and on email and checking ticket prices over and over again making plans for my 30th birthday! I will be spending about a week and a half in Hawaii with 2 of my dearest friends. Half the time will be on Maui thanks to my Grandma and her willingness to help out by letting us use her time share (thanks Grandma!). The other half will be spent on Kauai. I've visited Maui and Oahu once before, but it was many years ago. My family (minus two of them) spent 2 weeks there just after I returned home from my mission in 2002. Here we are at the Hawaii Temple, check out my sunglasses, I swear I thought they were so cool.

Dad - Tommy - Sandie - Melanie - Me - Mom

With so many exciting things coming up I can't focus on what I need to be doing right now.

2 comments:

  1. I am so jelous! I would love to go back there:) So i guess i should get you something totally Hawaii related for your birthday? like sunblock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! i HATE sunblock. but this will be one of the few times i will actually put that stuff on. better make it waterproof this time, i think that's what i didn't use last time.

    ReplyDelete