Friday
After picking up Brian in Seattle we headed home to quickly finish the preparations for dinner. Brian was the designated "cheese man" and is perhaps a better chief than he thinks. We then headed over to Scott's place in Issaquah to meet up with Heather and Eric. This is where we all got to meet Amy, Scott's fiancĂ©e, for the first time (and she's super nice and cute - I approve). Our first order of business was dinner. And then the games began…
Saturday
After eating a particularly yummy breakfast we headed out the door for a tour around Seattle on both land and sea, called Ride the Ducks. I’d never done this before, but had heard it was a lot of fun. Totally. Loved. It. And I most certainly picked the right group of people to go with.
When we finished it just happened to be the same time the Fremont Solstice Parade was ending. We got caught in some of that traffic and saw a few people that were ‘barely participating’ in the parade. A few sights I could do without remembering. We then headed up to Golden Gardens for a picnic on the beach. The weather (although forecasted to be rain) was only a little overcast and pleasant.
After goofing around a bit we headed back home and rearranged our dinner plans. Mongolian Grill which is ‘just around the corner’ from me was our restaurant of choice.
Saturday evening we pulled my desk out to the middle of the floor and turned it into a game table for another night of games. Eric, the local game expert, brought a large pile to choose from. However before the evening was over we squeezed in some name-that-tune ‘punk rock style’ and even arm wrestling. For the record: Brian can kick trash at this. Even when it was 2 on 1, Brian still beat Heather and I together. Looks like we have some working-out to do before next summer’s Cruise Reunion.
Sunday
We slept in. Oh how I love sleep.
After attending Sacrament Meeting at my ward we headed home for lunch and goodbyes. Somehow a little Rock Band slipped in there.
The weekend went by too fast. They came, and now they are gone. I could not have hoped for a better weekend. Thanks for all the fun!
Lucky! That's awesome! I didn't get a fun weekend...
ReplyDelete