Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sounders vs. DC United

There is something that I absolutely love about Seattle, we are true to our own. It doesn't matter if it's a band from the area or our own sports team, Seattle goes nuts to support it.

Tonight I went to my first ever Major League Soccer game, the Seattle Sounders FC verses DC United. And excellent game! Thanks again for taking me, Josh!

as you can see, we had excellent seats

I wish I could adequately describe the insane noise and support fans give at the games. It's almost vicious! We walked in just a little late and the game had already started, a DC player had been injured and the crowd was chanting 'let him die!' Yes, we are pretty serious about our football here.

It was a fun game, both teams played well. My favorite player was easily the goalie, Kasey Keller. He really gets into it.

Favorite moment from the game: it's tied 3 - 3 with moments left of the game and DC United is wasting time hoping for the clock to run out, their goalie has the ball and is getting ready to kick it out to his teammates. Well he's taking his pretty little time about it. Adjusted his socks, adjusted his shorts, blah blah blah. The crowd is boo-ing him like crazy when suddenly a crazed fan from the crowd chucks his half full beer bottle at the goalie and manages to hit him - although nothing serious - I think it just nicked him in the leg and sprayed a bit of beer on him. I thought it was hilarious! Get on with the game!

I now feel hooked. I'm officially a Sounders fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment