Yesterday I received one of the coolest presents from my friend and former roommate Holly. Remember Holly? She recently sent me a picture of a few scarves she made with a comment about how she kept thinking about me while making them. This means I got lucky and she mailed me one! Thank you again, Holly! I absolutely love it!
I wore my new scarf all day today. It's warm and fuzzy and comfortable. I even received a few compliments on it too.
As you might have noticed from the pictures it snowed here. This is the first real snow fall I've seen this year. I believe it snowed a bit here while I was off in Europe, so I missed it. It was the right kind of snow, just enough to cover everything and look beautiful, but not enough to mess up driving on the roads.
Even though the roads where clear many drivers were very cautious in their driving. This caused one of my students to be a bit late to our lesson today. He sent me the following text message to inform me of this. I share it because it cracked me up.
Sorry i'm running a bit late, there's ppl who are like scared of the snow or something... I mean COME ON i'm 17 and i'm driving jeez, move it woman ... Haha just saying i'll be a tad late :)
I won't lie, he's a funny kid.
And one final, random, comment. Tonight I saw Lars and the Real Girl. It was kinda strange, but I very much enjoyed it anyway.
Windy beautiful scarff, lovely post with the snow makes me miss home...we are in the desert right now and enjoying warm weather...sorry didn't want to rub that in! Loved your pictures of Iceland, really pretty, can't wait for London!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kathy! And I am a little jealous about the warm weather you are enjoying, but I will be in Arizona in a couple weekends to enjoy some of it myself :)
ReplyDeleteWindy- you look amazing! You could be a model! Absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWindy-you and the scarf make a great combination ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks Holly, and thanks Monkey Mama!! ;)
ReplyDeleteI wore it again tonight and got a few more compliments on it, everyone seems to be curious about it.