Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Jars

Christmas JarsChristmas Jars by Jason F. Wright
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A year or perhaps 2 years ago my mother gave me a book for Christmas.  Upon opening it I was surprised because it was not my usual type at all, it was a book about Christmas.  I've never read such sappy things as I much prefer fantastic tales of mages and dragons.  My mother said to me, "I don't know why I bought this, but I thought you should tuck it away for a day when it is right for you to read it."  And so Christmas Jars has sat on my self, waiting, tucked between my Charlie Bone series and my Church reference books.

In an effort to make Christmas a little more real this year I decided to read a Christmas tale to help my thoughts be more on the holiday season.  Christmas Jars suddenly came to mind and I began reading.  This book is not the most amazing writing you will ever read, by far.  But it is a very touching story and a perfect read to help put you in the Holiday mood.  It is the story of a little girl who gives away her Christmas to a woman with a great need.  It's a story of how this one small act starts a family tradition carried on by hundreds to bless the lives of others.  It is a story of Hope.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment