Since my recent trip to London I've come across a couple references to places I visited while there. I love the feeling of knowing a place from memory and not just from pictures. Last week I finished reading the latest Shopaholic book by Sophie Kinsella. Somewhere in the middle of the book Becky Brandon finds herself walking to Piccadilly Circus. I couldn't help but smile to myself as I was able to picture exactly what this looks like.
This morning I watched an episode of Doctor Who where the Doctor saves London from an alien attack (gotta love British Sci-Fi). In the episode there is a scene that shows the Tower Bridge and then turns left to pan up to view the Tower of London. Again as soon as I saw the Tower Bridge I immediately recognized it because I stood in that exact spot and saw that exact view.
These little things make me happy. It makes me want to travel more and experience new things.

I have to agree! The same thing happened to me when I read The Da Vinci Code. It's amazing to picture in your head where the characters are.
ReplyDelete