Friday, October 9, 2009

Oneirology

Did you know Oneirology is the scientific study of dreams? This is a topic that has always interested me. I even own a dream dictionary or two.

I have been blessed with extremely vivid dreams. I used to think everyone had these until I started describing the detail to friends who would always be shocked. Typically I enjoy my dreams as I find them immensely entertaining. Although last nights dream was not entertaining all. It's now 15 hours later and I still can't shake the images.

So to take my mind off things I spent some time looking up songs that talk about dreams. Here are a few of my favorites, in no particular order.

Dream On by Areosmith



All I Have To Do Is Dream by The Everly Brothers



A Bad Dream by Keane



Dreamin' by Weezer



A Kiss To Build A Dream On by Louis Armstrong



Daydream by Lovin' Spoonful



I Have A Dream by ABBA (Mamma Mia Soundtrack)


1 comment:

  1. Oh Windy! What a brilliant post. Yes, you really have excellent taste in music too. These are all of my favorites as well!

    ReplyDelete