Happy Birthday goes out to Nick Wheeler!!
December 6, 2006. Best day of my life.
I walked out of that concert elated, with a new determination to play the music that I've loved for so long.I'd always dreamed of how cool it would be to play the guitar... but never did a thing about it. In April of 2006 I attended a concert that changed my life. The All American Rejects played a show at the Tacoma Dome and I was blown away by their lead guitarist: Nick Wheeler. My eyes were constantly drawn to him while he played. It was inspiring. He looked so happy, as though there was nothing in life that could please him more than to play his heart out on that Firebird!

Within 1 week I had a guitar in hand and was on my way to my first guitar lesson with Mike (who I adore and continue to take lessons from today).
Something about the way Nick plays inspires me. Continues to inspire me.
Later that year I had the privilege of meeting Nick in the flesh. (see picture above). Best day of my life.
On his birthday, here is my little tribute to the man who inspired me to play guitar. Happy Birthday Nick.
And now for a treat, a little taste of man himself. It Ends Tonight performed live by The All American Rejects. The very end of the song is my favorite part.
Do you see? Do you see why I love him??
haha nice. I love that guitar too.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome, Windy. I love the pics you took.
ReplyDeleteHappy Bday, Nick!!
Great video of Nick, he's so into it, he is quite facinating to watch.
ReplyDeleteAMEN!
ReplyDeletehe he he