Have you ever been driving along and when you go to make a turn you swerved (just slightly) into the lane next to you while making that turn? No one is there so it doesn't really matter, right?This is called Lazy Driving. No one is there, but you went outside the lines anyway.
Once upon a long time ago I dated a car enthusiast. Whenever he would see someone do anything of this nature he would shake his head and with a disapproving tone mutter, "lazy driving."
Needless to say whenever he was in the car while I was driving I paid close attention to the lines. I never swerved outside of them. Ever.
It's funny how some things stick with you over time. Its now been years since I've seen him. Yet I still hear his voice in my mind every time I cut a turn just a little to close, or see someone veer outside and then back inside the lines.
[shaking head] "Lazy driving."
source of pic
Oh, I could show you some lazy driving... Of course, in our family we call that apexing the corner, but apparently that's beside the point.
ReplyDeleteapex... isn't that a math term?
ReplyDelete:P
Ah, I love those things that stick with you. I'll forever have Tommy to thank for my ears grating a little every time someone says "anyways."
ReplyDelete