Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Runes

When I was in elementary school my older sister and I used to write notes to each other in code. Having a mother who was obsessed with Lord of the Rings this code was, of course, the dwarf runes used in The Hobbit. We wrote to each other so often in this alphabet I easily memorized it and still use it today.

On Sunday I was caught doodling on the back of a piece of paper in this language. My friend Brenda noticed and just laughed at me. I'm glad she finds humor in my more geeky side. She said that if I found a guy who could read it then I would have found the right man for me.

So I'm just gonna throw this out there, can anybody else read this?


Once my geek has been let out of the bag I am then often asked if I can also write in elvish. Sadly no. Or rather, not yet. This morning I looked up the details of Tengwar, the elvish alphabet. It is much more complicated but I'm going to learn it anyway. Just this morning I wrote my name in Tengwar. And it made me very happy.

4 comments:

  1. if i'm a MARRIED GIRL can i still ask you out?...you know, as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, I'd go out with you any time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, the geekiness! :) I love it! Totally makes me laugh and miss hanging out with you. You coming down to my town any time soon? Maybe all you have to do is write a plane ticket in Elvish and then it's free? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As it turns out I am flying your way the end of June. Perhaps we'll need to get together over lunch, I still need to meet your WarriorBaby!

    ReplyDelete