![]() |
| Railyard playing at Seattle's Folk Life Festival |
I’ve always had this silly school girl fantasy of meeting the lead guitarist of a band just after attending their concert. Of course he would find me amazing and we’d go out together after the show. Tonight it came true. Sort of.
I have a friend that plays in a band called Railyard. I’m using the term ‘friend’ somewhat loosely here, really he is an acquaintance. We met because we have a handful of mutual friends, we have talked once or twice, that’s it. What is important is that he plays guitar. And he plays in a band.
Tonight I headed into Seattle to check out Railyard for the first time and I was impressed. They are a little mellow in comparison to what I typically get into, but still very enjoyable. My music tastes have altered quite a bit in the last few years since I learned to play guitar for myself. Talent matters a bit more to me now. I would say this band has a lot of talent in it. It was a fun experience and I’m glad I went.
After the show I said hi to my guitarist friend. As it would turn out we were both heading to the same place after the show, to one of our mutual friends’ birthday party. I gave him a ride.
I seem to remember my day dreams turning out slightly different. So really it didn't come true at all.
But the band was great, check them out at http://railyardmusic.com

No comments:
Post a Comment