The Other Kingdom is full of fantastical creatures, tricksters, wee folk, magic and my sister Merry.
Merry called me a few months back wanting to know if I would fly out to visit her if she had a Fairy Party. Um, of course! I mean, who wouldn't want to attend such an event?
I packed my wings, wand and as much glitter as my luggage would hold.
I arrived Wednesday and we got right to work by planning and baking and making the proper arrangements.
Friday evening arrived and the fairies came out of hiding for one night only to dine, tell tales and make merry.
Meet a few of my favorites...
![]() |
| Dori had amazing wings she made herself! |
![]() |
| Mindy won the costume contest, she reminded me of a fairy from Disney's Sleeping Beauty |
![]() |
| I don't recall her name, maybe Rachel? Her dress is beautiful! |
![]() |
| And, of course, Merry herself. She made the entire costume. |
We played fairy games, searched for hidden fairies in the garden and made our own fairy wands. I do believe we've started a tradition. Next summer solstice I'll be flying out again for Fairy Bash 2011.









You make a gorgeous fairy! It looks like you had a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteThanks for everything! The party wouldn't have been half so fun without your help!
ReplyDelete