I have three sisters who I absolutely love. Somehow we convinced our oldest sister to fly out for just one day so we could have a "Sister Day" and do nothing but hang out with each other.
Meet Merry, Dragon Tamer and Mother Extraordinaire. Merry is the oldest of the bunch. She taught me to love adventure, imagination, and (of course) dragons. She always has a welcoming house and something exotically tasty made for dinner.
Meet Sandie, the RED Hot One. Sandie has a knack for just knowing things. She can fix, mend or clean anything you can think of. She even seems to know where mom keeps things at home that I cannot find (even though she's not lived there in years). She definitely has a loud personality and just enough sass to make you like her even more.
Meet Melanie, the Creative One. I am always impressed with whatever Melanie's latest project is. Just this weekend she was showing me a gift bag I'd given Matthew (her son) a present in and how she turned it into a picture frame. The design on the bag and the tissue paper inside made fabulous patters for the frames. Super cute. Mel is also the supplier of my hair-color-changing addiction.
We spent all of Saturday together, eating, shopping, enjoying the beautiful weather and lakes here in Washington. We played games, we went hot tubing, we talked, we even ate cheesecake.
I think my favorite moment from our adventure was in a little shop chatting with the owner. She was making conversation with us and found out we were sisters and at one point asked, "What do you do when you get mad at another sister, do you call another one to complain?"
We all stared blankly at each other not knowing how to answer... until one of us finally ventured, "I don't think we've ever been mad at each other..."
Ha! I really do have the best sisters anyone could hope for.
So fun!
ReplyDeleteAnother favorite part was when the shop owner told me that I "seem like a loud sort of person" and then showed me a flashy red baubled bracelet! It must just roll off me in shock waves:) and I love the description of myself!! We will have to not wait so long to do that again! or maybe go to Merry next time! That could be so much fun!
ReplyDeleteshock waves is right!
ReplyDeletei was just telling aaron last night that next time maybe we should road trip down to merry!
ReplyDeleteCome on down, I would love it!
ReplyDeleteWindy you need to add your description... Windy is the sister who adds music to our lives and hope and excitement when she goes about experiencing and accomplishing more than most ever get to. She has a knack for collecting things. Her insights are always exciting!
ReplyDeleteStop it, Merry you are making me blush! :P
ReplyDeleteThanks. And I agree, we should all start tucking away a little 'play' money to go out and visit Merry next.
Do you ladies remember (of course you do!) the time your Dad had the idea of changing bedrooms around...so that every girl had 2 or 3 months with each sister? I recall a certain amount of related grumbling...but it has surely payed off. I also remember telling my quarreling little kids more than once that they would grow up to be best friends. See?
ReplyDeleteMom
OH, you mean we are only best friends because mom told us to be? ...Just Kidding!
ReplyDeleteWell, I would say that you four sisters must have a marvelous Mother that must be a wonderful example.
ReplyDeletePossibly those dragon taming examples came from her efforts to tame that husband of hers.
Dad