Friday, July 17, 2009

Part 2: Socks

A sock is a knitted or woven type of hosiery garment for enclosing the human foot. Socks are designed to ease chafing between the foot and footwear, protect footwear by absorbing perspiration and dead skin lost from the foot, provide comfort, be fashionable, and keep the feet warm. sourse

I. Love. Socks.

Which is really rather a strange thing for me to love. Those who know me know I do not like shoes at all and much prefer to be barefooted whenever possible. Putting aside from that minor fact, I do collect socks. It all began with a need. As much as I love to be barefoot I loath having cold feet. I wear socks primarily to be warm in the winter. That said, when my feet are cold I do love to wear socks (although I still hate those shoes!).

I not only collect socks I collect pictured socks. Every pair I own has some sort of picture or design on them. My absolute favorite pair is, of course, my Harry Potter socks. I mean, who else has HP socks?? They are just that cool.

Speaking of Harry Potter, I happened to see the new movie this week and loved it. It might just be my favorite one yet... I will definitely need to see it again in the theaters. And now I have a craving to reread the series again.


Check out a few other pairs that I love. Make special note of the Bety Boop sock, I love those too!


I probably own over 75 pairs of socks (I'm not going to bother to count them). Almost every pair was a gift to me. (Hint, hint, if you ever want to buy something for me and don't know what, socks are a sure win).

2 comments:

  1. The skull ones have always been my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I think somebody special gave you those skull guitar socks! lol
    LOVE the Harry Potter socks! And yes, this movie is the best one yet.

    ReplyDelete