This quarter I decided it best to take a class on campus. The one I needed was only offered at 9:30am which is a bit early for me. However once you include the 1.5 hour commute plus time to shower and get ready for the day that has me getting up at 7:30-ish in the morning.
While I am in school my work schedule has not changed so I am still working my regular hours which have me off by 9pm most nights.
I spend a total of 40 hours per week either at school or working, and that does not include time spent on homework for my 2 classes.
Oh yes and don't forget my calling which has me teaching basically every Sunday and attending Mutual every Wednesday night.
What does all of this add up to? I'm tired. I'm so tired I've begun to do things I've not done since freshman/sophomore year of college: I sleep right through my alarm clock unaware that it ever went off and I fall asleep in the middle of the day because I sat still for more than 5 minutes.
Drastic times call for change.
Change #1: my alarm clock is now set at it's highest volume level and plays AC/DC (it was Jason Mraz). The alarm alternates between playing Back in Black and Hells Bells. So far, it seems to be doing the trick and waking me up.
Change #2: Don't sit still for more than 5 minutes.
... ok, that'll never happen.
Oh well. 3.5 weeks down. 6.5 weeks to go. Somebody save me.
I hear ya babe! I get up at 5:30am, work a physically demanding job, then go workout with Melanie and don't even walk back in the door until 7/7:30pm!! At which point I need to walk to dog, cook dinner, and clean the house....I'm lucky to be to bed before 1am!!
ReplyDeleteI do like your AC/DC idea though...that would be an awesome way to wake up! And as for not sitting still for more than 5 minutes - commutes have me sitting still for way longer than that! I feel like I'm constantly going to keel over if I don't blast my music or something!
But let me know if you come up with any more brilliant ideas;)
That's one of the reasons why it's making it so difficult to want to go back to school. Wait, who am I kidding? I'm waking up way earlier than I ever did when I was in school. But I totally hear you with the sleep deprivation. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWhat helped me get through seminary was blaring "Gotta Get Through this" while in my shower ;)
ReplyDeleteYeah, this quarter is killing me too! I would say lets meet tomorrow and eat cake, but I think I need a nice long nap instead....maybe next week?
ReplyDelete