Monday, January 17, 2011

Ain't There Anyone Here For Love?

One does not get to be my age and still single unless one has a few issues.  Tonight my sister accused me of being too picky.  Perhaps.  So here is the list we came up with of what I need in a man.

Requirements 
  • heterosexual
  • employed (or at least employable)
  • single
  • worthy priesthood holder 
    • this covers a lot of ground such as: does not smoke/drink, attends church, follows commandments, desire to serve others, pays tithing, etc.
  • educated, and not in the least intimidated by being with a woman who has a graduate degree in some crazy topic such as math
  • socially aware, by this I mean aware of being polite in social settings, there are some things that are just not appropriate in social settings and I would find embarrassing to be with someone who does such things
  • good personal hygiene, I have serious cleanliness issues
  • makes me laugh, this is really not that hard to do
  • kind, my sister clarified this by saying he needs to be kind to his own mother
  • a gentleman
  • has a good work ethic 
  • cares about me

Preferable (but not required)
  • at least 25 years old, but my sister said I really should move this up to 28 and she's probably right
  • can grow a decent beard
  • is a gentleman, but like the old fashioned chivalric gentleman you really only read about in books
  • tall enough for me to wear my 4 inch heals and still be shorter than him
  • has a desire to travel
  • cannot be named Mike or Michael
There you have it folks.  Clearly I am too picky.  But quite honestly I'm perfectly fine with it.

I can't help but be reminded of a song from one of my favorite moves, Gentleman Prefer Blondes. Jane Russell will sing it for you.

4 comments:

  1. Those are rather interesting man suits. Nothing wrong with being picky! When we're talking about eternity here, why settle for anything less than what will make you happy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm so glad you posted this conversation;) And Jane Russle says many things better than we can!! And I don't actually think that you are being too picky - I was just teasing you:) And I'm amused by the addition of the "no Mike or Michael" - see I told you that you'd just keep adding to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, I love your term 'man suits' I'm going to use it from now on.

    And Sandie, I'm sure my list will only increase with time and more experiences. I'll be sure to let you know when I add an item to the list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with being picky...especially when you're talking about letting a guy into your life...permenantly...forever.
    However, I would move the "cares about me" to the top of the list. After all,if that isn't in place, the rest is just window dressing.

    ReplyDelete