Thursday, January 13, 2011

Facebook "Friends"

I know a guy -- or rather, I once met a guy -- named Austin.  He attended church with me one summer and all I really remember about him was his voice.  When he spoke I was memorized, he has a deep and handsome voice.  I was not the only one either, I had a number of girl friends who also liked his voice.  I think Austin and I actually met and talked face to face maybe twice.  Somehow we became Facebook friends.

I have quite a few friends on Facebook that I really don't know very well or friends that I once knew but no longer actively keep in touch with.  I've often debated removing these "friends" so I would have a manageable number of people to follow.  People I actually care about and I know care about me.  For various reasons I have not removed hardly any of these friends.

I've found I enjoy keeping track of people just out of curiosity.  It's interesting to see where others end up.  I still don't talk to Austin, but I feel like I know a few more things about him since I see updates come from him.  He likes media, social media in particular.  And today I happened upon a video he made about this exact topic which I really liked.  I'm posting it here for your own enjoyment (and so you can hear his voice) and to say I like my Facebook "friends".


4 comments:

  1. That was kind of an amazing video haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear Austin knows everyone! And I still think it's funny that he spent a summer in Seattle and I didn't know about it. Small world, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fantastic Windy!
    ps- I'm glad we're friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Friends! I like being friends with all 3 of you on fb!

    ReplyDelete