Thursday, March 4, 2010

Murphy’s Law or Count Your Many Blessings

Murphy’s Law has been officially dubbed “Windy’s Law”. It all started two weeks ago when everything was going right. Then

• I woke up with a cough that later turned into Bronchitis and has lasted 2+ weeks
• I took the worst midterm of my life
• I canceled 3 fun events I’d been looking forward to for weeks due to being sick
• My neck pain from the car accident (3 years ago) has returned since I’ve spent an extra amount of time in bed being sick
• While driving my car it began to do a crazy lurching motion in second gear
• I got my grade back on my midterm, lowest math grade of my life
• After spending months inquiring about a large event I’m finally given my list of responsibilities with 2 weeks to prepare
• The hard drive on my computer completely fried, it’s gone for good
• I fell far behind in school because I had no computer for several days
• Then to top things off a lamp in my bedroom that was connected to the ceiling spontaneously snapped and came crashing down

For your own safety I recommend avoiding any near proximity to me. I fully expect my blackberry to explode in the next couple of days. Consider yourself warned.

I don’t mean to complain. Really it’s all laughable at this point. When I stop to think about all of it I realize how blessed I actually am. No really, I mean it.

• It was a bad midterm grade, but I actually passed and I received above the class average (which failed)
• I took my car to the shop to find out the problem was very inexpensive to fix
• Also if I’d waited another week to take my car in it would have been extremely expensive to fix, I caught the problem just in time
• My Chiropractor could tell I was having more pain than usual and got me in for an extra visit this week and I’m doing much better now
• All my data on the hard drive turned out to be recoverable (for a small fee)
• My dad knows computers well enough to get mine back up and running rather quickly considering what happened
• When the lamp came crashing down it only bumped into my guitar and no damage was done, although it scared the heebeegeebee’s out of me
• I did my taxes and will be receiving a nice chunk of my money back to pay for my expensive bad luck

I guess life has a way of evening itself out. Although I’m fresh out of extra tax returns to pay for a new phone (do you hear me blackberry? no exploding!).

How has your week been? It must have been better than the Last Guy.

5 comments:

  1. this is what aaron likes to refer to as the burns factor. it pretty much means that if it CAN go wrong, it will. supposedly i married into this... but i told aaron i do not accept this. im a burns NOW but im a steinkuhler at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. might I suggest insurance on your phone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wise suggestion Sandie. I'll have you know I already have insurance on the phone. I know my luck, and I plan accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has always been my thought. I used to not carry any, and then something happened unexpectedly to my phone and I realized just how much a phone costs straight up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You inspire me with your good attitude about things.

    ReplyDelete