Between my busy moments I've had time to start a new series called Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan. Book number one is The Lightning Thief, you might have heard of it as the film adaptation will be out in February.
It's become my new addiction. I finished book one and returned it to the library this week. Now I find myself impatiently waiting for book two to come in, I am currently number 16 on the hold list.Ugh. Only 16!?
At least the number is decreasing, I was 18 yesterday. Yes, I've begun to check daily for my hold status. I should probably just buy the books.
I never much enjoyed English classes in High School, it was not my thing. However I did enjoy the section where we studied Greek Mythology. For some reason this caught my attention. For this same reason I've found these books interesting. The Greek gods are immortal so they must still be around today. They often were caught seducing a human or two and producing a demigod child who becomes a hero. So naturally a few of these half-gods are around today as well.
It only makes sense.
Dude! How can you stand waiting?! Hit the Barnes and Noble!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Greek mythology. The gods always had so much going on and intrigue and gosh, cant be boring.
ReplyDelete