You might have noticed by now that I enjoy changing the color of my hair often. It helps that my sister chose the fabulous profession of being a cosmetologist.
Have you ever seen my natural color hair? Those who have will have known me for at least a decade, give or take a year. It’s drab. It’s so drab it doesn’t even have a name for it. It’s that color between dark blonde and light brown that doesn’t have a proper name and is sometimes referred to as “dirty” blonde or “dishwater” blonde. Eww. Why in the world would anyone want the words dirty or dishwater used to describe their hair?? So I add a little color in my life.
I’ve often wondered what Heavenly Father was thinking when he gave me this hair color. I mean, it’s most certainly NOT me, yet He should know me better than anyone as he is my creator. I finally found my answer.
After dyeing my hair a new color I am often asked, “How do you always manage to pull it off?” By that they mean how do I manage to have so many different colors look good on me? The answer is my skin tones are set to match my natural hair color. I have a very bland coloring of skin that matches my drab hair color. What does this mean? My coloring is bland enough it’s one of those colors that goes with just about everything.
Do you see the connection now? My Father in Heaven does know me. He knew that I would need the bold colors of life and that I would not settle for just one fabulous color. And so He did what any loving Father would do: he gave me the proper coloring to allow me to play with my hair color and be as outrageous or calm as I may choose to be. And for that I am thankful.


Yes! What a wonderful heavenly father who knew windy was a spontaneous, fun person, who would love to change their hair color. I love it! You've inspired me....I think I'll go for something more bold this next time I dye :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so brilliantly astute! That's TOTALLy what Father in Heaven was doing - and I love it! :D
ReplyDeleteAlso: i'm sad I managed to miss both blue phases.
But you're right - every color I've seen you in looks absolutely awesome on you.
Windy- I wish we could hang out "in real life."
ReplyDelete-Cortney
did you know there is a very small percentage of people who have TRUELY neutral skin tone? most people have either warm or cool skin tones. in our family we are neutral... which is why we can all do this and get away with it! also i think you are missing a few colors in there... ah well. i think red is my favorite. and i know its faded, but i really like the color your hair is now! although its certainly touchup time.
ReplyDeleteAwesome.
ReplyDeletethat's it : )