Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Trunked

Years ago, so many years ago I can't even remember, my parents gave me a chest to keep things in with pictures of a cat on the sides and top.  It looked something like this.


When I was 7ish that was cool.  So cool.  But after discovering my severe allergy to the vile creatures I destroyed everything I owned that had a cat on it, except this chest.  I tucked the chest away in the bottom of my closet and did not think about it for years.

In my recent move I decided something had to be done about it.  Saturday morning I pulled everything out of the box and began taping up the frame in preparation of a new paint job.


For some reason I chose purple.


After waiting 24 hours I pulled the tape off to examine my work.


It seemed a little too dark for my tastes (the purple paint that is, as you can tell I had plenty of light pouring in through the windows!).  So I added a little gold over top the purple for an effect that looks a little magical.  


I'm happy with how it turned out.  No more cat.  Cool magic box now.  And it's back in my closet once again.

2 comments:

  1. You should have simply painted on some lasers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the box, a definate improvement over the cat box.

    ReplyDelete