Monday, March 5, 2012

...and something for my sister Merry

Merry Robin &Windy Dawn
I've always been close with my older sister Merry, Dragon Tamer and Mother Extraordinaire.  We shared a room almost all of my growing up years and I always looked up to her.

Last weekend while I was packing a few things to prepare for my move this weekend I found some baby teeth in a ziploc bag.  Gross.  But at least they were my own teeth.  Yes, my parents, ahem, I mean the Tooth Fairy, decided to save my teeth to give to me at an older age. Again, gross.  I thought this kind of strange so when I was handed an old ziploc bag years ago my first inclination was to throw them in the rubbish bin.  At the same time if felt strange to throw them out (I mean, I grew them all on my own!) so I put them in a drawer and promptly forgot about them.  I can't justify packing up old teeth with my move so I've decided to go ahead and throw them out, but not until I opened the bag and read my letters to the Tooth Fairy.


Much to my amusement all 3 of the letters that had been kept requested the same thing: that the Tooth Fairy would bring something for my sister Merry.  Hey, I'm always looking out for you sister!

Dear Tooth fary,
Can I have the monny in pinnys
and something for my sister Merry
Thanky you
for every
think Love
Windy
P.S. the dime is for you.
(Signiger)

Dear Tooth Fairy
My tooth is under
the danket on top
of thee dlue pillow
PS and please leave some-
thing for my sister
Merry.
Sincerely
Windy

Dear Tooth Fairy,
I am geting
toothless.
Please bring
a small present for
Merry. not money
Love,
Windy

1 comment:

  1. I love that you wrote notes to the tooth fairy. My kids just put their tooth in a ziplock baggy under their pillow. Maybe I will tell them they will only get money if they leave a note. Too bad they already know I am the tooth fairy.

    ReplyDelete