Thursday, December 10, 2009

An Early Christmas Present

Christmas is around the corner.

Sometimes I need to state the obvious to remind myself of the fact. Every year I tell myself I will plan early to get ready for Christmas. Every year I fail. You see, every year Christmas continues to happen at the same time: right after I have a slew of birthdays right in a row I must take care of (3 family members and 2 good friends) and right after final exams. What’s a girl to do?


My older and wiser sister Merry (Dragon Tamer and Mother Extraordinaire) has her life a little more put together than I do. I received my Christmas present from her almost 2 weeks ago. Yes, she is amazing. Not only is Merry amazing, but what she did is also so incredible I must share it with all of you. Merry made each member of my family an advent calendar to count down the days until Christmas. This is not just any advent calendar, no! It’s a personalized one that has every member of my family dressed up and posed as a member of the nativity scene. It works out quite nicely as there are (currently) 22 members of the family. Merry also included 1 manger and 1 star to total the 24 days prior to Christmas.



I’m an angel. A barefooted angel. To make things even better, in each little pocket is also a Dove chocolate.

Cool? So cool.

5 comments:

  1. That is REALLY cool and who could go wrong with a chocolate a day?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!!!! That's brilliant!! I love the photos. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that not only did Merry think we should be Angels, but I love that she used one of the pictures of me with a table cloth dancing over my head;) And it's so much fun to see who we are going to get next! Elliott can't get enough of it!

    ReplyDelete