Friday, July 8, 2011

Post Graduate Adventures

You might have mistakenly assumed that I would have more time to blog now that I am done with Grad school.  The truth is I'm far too busy playing to do such things.

Here are a few of the highlights from the last month, in no particular order.


  • I bought my first TV! Flat screen, 42'' plasma. 
  • Finished reading Lavinia, and started 3 more books: Sherlock Holmes, The Lost Hero, and The Well of Ascension.
  • Had Indian Curry with Shannon, Sarah, and Drew.  Mmm mmm!
  • Took a ferry ride.
  • Attended 2 wedding receptions.
  • Tasha made me a delicious keish breakfast.
  • Joined Google+.
  • Saw a car show.
  • Had brunch with JMoney.
  • I bought a Lady Gaga song off iTunes. So uncharacteristic of me, yet I can't stop listening to it. (Or rather, I can't stop dancing around to it).
  • Got thoroughly sunburned on the 4th while attending a parade/street fair with friends.

  • Had countless movie nights at Derek's or Erica's or my own digs (now that I have a TV!!).
  • Had lunch with Shannon at this fabulous Taiwanese Dumplings place in Bellevue called Din Tai Fung.
  • Saw Green Lantern with my nephew, was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.
  • Absolutely loved Midnight in Paris, X-Men: First Class, and Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
  • Went to a few BBQ's, one on Bainbridge Island on the 4th, one at a friends house last night, and another with Erica.
  • Went to Karaoke with some friends, first time in several years. I sang two songs: Britney Spears and Sublime.
  • Celebrated Brad's birthday with a Chinese dinner and movie.
  • I've made a couple new friends as well as saw some old friends.
  • I might have shamelessly flirted with a few of them.
  • Attended my first Mariner's game of the year with Josh.
And most important of all: I've laughed. Laughed hard enough to snort. A few times.

2 comments: