I rarely forget just how wonderful a thing it is to see. I am reminded of it each evening when I take out my contacts and then wonder where I put my glasses. I always do it
in that order. You'd think I would have learned to locate my glasses before removing my contacts, but no, I haven't.
 |
| Windy Dawn, age 3 |
I have a number of things wrong with my eyes and have had to wear glasses my whole life. When I was younger I would take them off and leave them in random places because I hated wearing them. Hated having them on my face. As you might have guessed, this drove my parents nuts as I could never remember were I left them.
 |
| Windy Dawn, age 31 |
I've learned to enjoy my glasses now as they allow me to see things that others see. Although I still do not like having them on my face and typically wear contacts instead. The above picture was taken an hour ago, just after I picked up my new glasses at Costco. I still don't wear them in public all that often but I do get excited about my new glasses. It's a new prescription and with them I can see. Not only do I get to see, but I get to pick out cute frames. That makes me happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment